VISION, MISSION, AND VALUES
Young Voices Hears is a not for profit platform promoting and supporting greater youth participation in public life through mentoring, networking, reporting and recognition of young changemakers and their champions. (*Additional support services available through a social enterprise trading company including mentoring, strategic advice, training and management support)
Vision: A future where young people play a fuller part in society, realising their full potential and participating in, informing, and influencing the shape or their world, now and for tomorrow.
Mission: To provide a range of services in support of both young people and those wanting to involve them – in the organisations, communities, boardrooms, parliament and the media.
Values: Empowerment, Integrity, Inclusion, Curtesy, Passion, Reflection, Learning, Sharing, Tolerance, Persistence, Recognition and Inspiration.
- To encourage, educate and support young leaders to make a difference to their communities and themselves, whether by working together or and in partnership with older people.
- To offer support to organisations willing to empower young people to realise their personal vision, both youth-led and in partnership with existing organisations, ranging from providing entrepreneurial opportunities, to activities that challenge injustice and inequality.
- To support greater and quality youth participation in decision-making in organisations and public life.
- To raise standards and share good practice
- To recognise and communicate the work of the above to peers, communities and decisionmakers
- To connect and network allies in all age groups to be self-sustaining, empowering and non-dependent on any central control, but embrace these vision mission and values.
Objectives and Opportunities
- To support more young leaders into positions of power and influence – in organisations, communities and society
- To support a number of organisations to integrate youth voice and participation in their structures.
- To support young leaders to be independent and equal stakeholders in society.
- To mentor or network all-age leaders, boosting confidence, reflecting on experience, realising vision and unlocking potential
- To broker networking, where a problem shared is solution explored with fresh perspective and team skills, including networking with and between decisionmakers and all-age groups.
- To develop quality assurance good practice standards that have been informed and influenced by young leaders.
- To offer a range of support services in support of quality – Assessment, Project Management, Fundraising, Quality Assurance, Training and Development.
- To provide a platform and recognition of young leaders through nomination for awards, reporting good practice, story-telling and personal testimony – online, twitter, local media or promoting ‘stories on social media’
- Information, through education, research to inform young people’s decisions and course of action
- Skill development, in writing, media, speaking, making a case, decision-making and setting priorities
- Introductions to decision-makers, and to the spaces where decisions are made (boardrooms, school councils, youth councils, government and community groups)
- Pathway clearing and removing obstacles to ensure young people have equal opportunities to have a say and be well received
- Young Voices Heard – 2017 Platform/Resources/Volunteering (Sharing, Networking, Good Practice)
- *Young Voices Heard Ltd – 2020 Social Enterprise bespoke consultancy and pro bono work (Consultancy/Project Management)
- *Youth Voice Heard CIC – 2021 Social Enterprise not-for-profit restricted funding (Education, Training, Mentoring)
- Social Enterprise Statement