Services Advocacy, Consultancy, Mentoring, Fundraising, Project Management, Training and Benchmarking Quality
Young Voices Heard : as well as a movement for change it also hosts a ‘social enterprise’ consultancy offering a range of services to organisations, the media and young people:
1/ Young People
Mentoring, Training, Organising. (either direct with youth-led projects or in partnership with charities, social enterprise, local or national government and private companies.
(aged: 16/17; 18-24; 25-30, in the UK and worldwide)
2/ Organisations/Local and National Government: to involve and empower young people
Youth Forums, Advisory Councils, Boards – strategy, project delivery, fundraising, quality assurance, support and training for staff and young people including – Decision-makers, champions, change-makers, and commissioners in the private, public and voluntary sector including local government/youth councils/services, Governments, Parliaments, CEOs, boards, funders and researchers.
3/ The Media
News, coverage and examples of youth participation and its champions.
What are the outcomes?
- Young voices heard in decision-making, consultation, scrutiny, and governance
- Recognition of youth voice and celebration of success
- Goals achieved by young participants and organisations
- Shared skills and experience
- Good practice standards raised and shared
Are you …?
- An organisation wanting to establish, train and support a Youth Forum (Case Study: Volunteer Police Cadets 2019)
- Boards wanting to recruit young trustees to add value to their governance (Case Study: Young Citizens 2019)
- An organisations wanting advice on fundraising, strategy or communications to promote youthvoice (Case Study: Institute of Future of Work 2019)
- A Local Youth Council/Service wants to raise its standards and receive support and training. (Case Study: Medway Youth Council 2019)
- Parliament wanting to increase youth participation in democracy. (Outreach Service)
- An organisation wanting to fundraise for Youth Engagement
- An Young leader wanting to amplify their reach and impact.
- A Policy maker wanting to consult (MPs)
- A Campaign wanting to get their message heard.
- An organisation wanting advice on fundraising proposals/reports/funder relationship
- A Reporter wanting to hear what young people have to say.
Young Voices Heard offers an assessment of your needs with the option to commission:
- Training, Mentoring, Consultancy and Support
- Advocacy, Recruitment, Fundraising, Communications
- Strategy, Policy, Review and Evaluation
- Research, consultation and recommendations
- Assessment against minimum standards, Sharing good practice
What will it cost?
That depends who you are and if the work is a one-off or over time. We work pro bono with some partners and young people who would not otherwise be able to engage, and try to match them with a sponsor. Both would be acknowledged as partners.
Our goal is to use consultancy and training income, grants and donations to subsidise pro bono work, such as mentoring and training for young people – particularly for those most excluded, addressing barriers such as transport to access opportunities, and training to utilise them.
For initial enquiry….