Services Advocacy, Consultancy, Fundraising, Training, Mentoring and Evaluation
As well as a network – Young Voices Heard offers a range of services to both young people and those who want to involve and empower them.
A range of examples is set out below – please get in touch (scroll down to the ‘contact us’ form) if you think we can help, or you can help us!
Who does YVH work with?
- A. Young people aged: 16/17; 18-24; 25-30, in the UK and worldwide
- B. Decision-makers, champions, change-makers, and commissioners in the private, public and voluntary sector. Governments, Parliaments, CEOs, Boards and Funders.
Either of these groups can be the beneficiaries or the client. Either can approach ‘Young Voices Heard’ for help. Young people may want help to get their voices heard and others may want help to hear them.
What are the outcomes from partnering up with Young Voices Heard?
- Young voices heard in decision-making, consultation, scrutiny, and governance
- Recognition of youth voice and celebration of success
- Goals achieved by young participants and organisations
- Shared skills and experience
- Good practice standards shared
Where do you work? What settings?
The aim of the initiative is to target: communities; boardrooms, and democracy. This can cover a broad range of activity such as sport and the arts as well as politics. It can take place in a range of sectors and settings, from reporting by the media to consultation by Government.
- A Board wants to recruit young people to its governance.
- A Youth-led initiative wants advice on fundraising, strategy of communications.
- A Parliament wants to increase youth participation in democracy.
- An Young leader wants to amplify their reach and impact.
- A Policy maker wants to consult
- A Campaign wants to get their message heard.
- An organisation wants advice on fundraising proposals/reports/funder relationship
- A Reporter wants to hear what young people have to say.
We are not sure – we need a strategy and a plan? = Initial Assessment
Young Voices Heard offers an assessment of your needs with the option to commission:
- Training, Mentoring, Consultancy and Support
- Advocacy, Recruitment, Fundraising, Communications
- Strategy, Policy, Review and Evaluation
- Research, consultation and recommendations
- Assessment against minimum standards, Sharing good practice
What will it cost?
That depends who you are and if the work is a one-off or over time. We work pro bono with some partners and young people who would not otherwise be able to engage, and try to match them with a sponsor. Both would be acknowledged as partners.
Our goal is to use consultancy and training income, grants and donations to subsidise pro bono work, such as mentoring and training for young people – particularly for those most excluded, addressing barriers such as transport to access opportunities, and training to utilise them.
For initial enquiry….